Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Voting for the "best looking bloke in the A-League, in Australia, in the world, whatever" has begun

Although I should point out that it's become a player-specific award... and that I couldn't put a poll up at Perth, and I'm probably not going to put one up over at Kiwiland.

I'm giving each forum about a week to respond. Then I'll arrange for a 'national'-type of vote, where the home player is not in the list of choices as that would create a bias. If you haven't voted yet, vote now! Once the final 8 (plus Spase, I've decided to keep him in there as a true default) have been decided, I'll post photos up with a bit of a rant and maybe some quotes from fans about how good-looking they are.

Adelaide: Poll is located here. Choose from Burns, Cornthwaite, Dodd, Geraldi, Rech and Walsh. Currently Burns in equal 1st, which is amusing given he wasn't nominated on the Adelaide forum in the first place.

Sydney: These guys have come around a bit since the nominations were requested. I've now put up a poll, and then they wonder why Petrovski (surely they weren't serious), Fyfe or Dave (Carney or Zdrillic, I still don't know, but I suppose they mean the former) aren't there! Arrrggh! I can't be bothered fixing it up and it's partially their fault anyway. Oh, and their nominees were Bolton, Brockie, Corica, Milligan, Theissen (and his full head of hair), Topor-Stanley and Zadkovich.

Perth: Currently having a party because I said they were more amusing than Sydney while both forums were at the stage of making a mockery of the thread. I wasn't actually able to put a poll up at Perth, but they definitely have the most amusing thread. I have informed them that Colosimo will likely be their rep, which hasn't been taken too well. Muahahahaha.

Melbourne: This was such a list, that I couldn't fit them all into the 10 places that the forum site limited me to. The choices are Allsopp, Brebner, Broxham, Caceres, Leijer, Lia, Muscat, Theoklitos, Vargas, and the combined choice of Alessandro/Ferrante/Fred/Sarkies.

Queensland: What a wonderful forum to use! Unlike the others where I needed to create a new thread to post the poll, I could add it to the original one at Queensland. Also, I pretty much had unlimited places in the poll so I could give each of the nominees their own spot in the poll. Queensland are also the best-looking team, with their whopping 13 nominees. And they are Buess, Gibson, Griffin, Grossman, McCloughan, McKay, Murdocca, Ognenovski, Reddy, Vidosic, Wedau, Willis and default nominee Dilevski. Early days yet, but Spase is yet to post a vote. Even I'm very strongly tempted to vote against him and go for Mr Bad Luck...

Central Coast: I had been warned by Wayne not to put Gumprecht up as he had a 'head that only a mother could love.' Nevertheless I put him up as someone I know does like him. He very quickly got a vote... The other nominees are Brown, Hutchinson, McMaster, Mrdja, Petrie, Vukovic and Wilkinson.

Newcastle: I almost didn't put a poll in because of the strength that Eagleton had in the nomination thread. But I did put a poll in. Nevertheless, four votes in and it's four votes for different players. Aside from Eagleton, we have Carle, Griffiths, Kennedy, Necevski, North, Okon, Old and Rodriguez.

New Zealand: the only forum not to get a poll. I'm already on -1 karma at their forum, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've let them know who their nominees are, and they may come around. I doubt it though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Scary, now Im gonna be flamed saying anything deemed remotely critical of Our Lord and saviour Gumprecht! I was of course only referring to the Frank Arok Award Gumps won over at Pintculture - http://www.pintculture.com/default.asp?action=article&ID=883 - bu then evryone loves a battler, just like Frank was..

Hamish Alcorn said...

"Carney or Zdrillic, I still don't know, but I suppose they mean the former."

I met them both on Friday night and it is impossible that they don't mean Zdrillic. He's hunky, albeit in a Chad sort of way. Carney may be blonde, but he really is not pretty at all.

The Round Ball Analyst said...

I notice the omission of a certain CCM attacking midfielder.

My then girlfriend, now wife, used to swoon madly over a young Tommy Pondeljak, back in his formative NSL days at the Melbourne Knights.

Seems ages has caught up with the man once known as much for his flowing locks and good looks as his football ability.

Btw, if you ever run a poll on the ugliest player ever, my vote goes to Trifon Ivanov.

Cecilia said...

I met them both on Friday night and it is impossible that they don't mean Zdrillic.

Oh no, they meant Carney.

My then girlfriend, now wife, used to swoon madly over a young Tommy Pondeljak...

Funny that, he was nominated only today over at the Perth forum...

Btw, if you ever run a poll on the ugliest player ever, my vote goes to Trifon Ivanov.

I'll keep that in mind.