Monday, February 19, 2007

Photos from the final...

I've made a conscious decision not to write about the final. I'm still too damn happy!

Though perhaps some of the yellows Adelaide copped were a bit harsh given that the refereeing was of it's usual dismal A-League standard. And I think that fourth goal was off-side. Regardless, Adelaide didn't have a chance.

Enjoy the slideshows!

First up, the 'general' show....



And this is a higher-resolution slide show on the magical wintery flare! I can imagine faeries and elves popping out from the cover... wearing navy blue...


See you all next season... meh, perhaps not - I think I'll follow the ACL, and naturally the Asian Cup - you haven't got rid of me yet!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm... Can I leave comments here? Or do I need an account?

Anyway, it must have been a great game to see (for those not wearing Red at least). If the game can hook Melbourne then it's well on the way to becoming a serious 3rd code. Though Aloisi's fine hip-and-shoulder shows that he could use a bit more of a grip on which form of football he's playing.

john said...

wow what a game to be at.

aus.footy.fan said...

This might interest you.

Barbieri set to break the code

AUSTRALIA's top female goalkeeper, Melissa Barbieri, has been granted permission to play in the men's Victorian Premier League after a landmark decision by Football Federation Victoria.

The decision - ratified hours before the competition's opening match last night - means the 27-year-old could become the first Australian woman to play in a professional men's football code.

more ay SMH

Cecilia said...

I am very aware of the Barbieri situation. I've had a bit of my opinion on it at the MV forums, but perhaps a complete rant/post is required at some point.