Friday, November 17, 2006

Comments on Covic

Well, we're* back home next week, facing Newcastle. So I'll probably watch Carle and Rodriguez for the 90 minutes. And keep an eye on young Kennedy. It's a shame Covic has been signed, as I'd like to think the A-League is developing our youth, and Kennedy is a player with a lot of potential. He makes mistakes, but sometimes the only way to correct them is to realise that they've been made. Most often, some mistakes only occur at matches - so I like the idea of him getting game time. On the other hand, having a more experienced 'keeper could do wonders for Kennedy as Covic may end up in a mentoring position, which I think would be good for Kennedy even if he loses his place between the sticks.

*As in Melbourne - I'm a tad obsessed with Queensland, but I'm a Victory fan through and through.

No comments: